Work has started on Another Subculture 2. See you
at the end of summer soon.
This playlist is the result of trying to find Killer Punk Evidence from every single European Union member, spurred on by a desire to drown out racist interviews on the Daily Politics.
Some countries (Spain, Sweden, Poland) took minutes to determine, others took days. There’s a jumble of scenes, styles and decades (1977 through to last month). My apologies to Cyprus, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta and Romania - if you know of any hits from those countries, let me know and they’ll likely find their way in. Switzerland replaces them, because Liliput.
- BELGIUM: The Kids - “Do You Love The Nazis?”
- ESTONIA: Propeller - “Pankrott”
- LITHUANIA: SC - “Sodininkai”
- SLOVENIA: Tozibabe - “Nekega Lepega Dne”
- SWEDEN: Bäddat för Trubbel - “Inte Vant Så Tuff”
- CZECH REPUBLIC: Energie G - “Je To Všechno Horší”
- GERMANY: Diät - “Pick A Line”
- GREECE: Ex Humans - “Meine Makria”
- POLAND: Siekiera - “Bez Kónca”
- FRANCE: 'A' Bomb - “Capitale Européenne”
- AUSTRIA: Plastix - “Konsumier Mich”
- CROATIA: Divided Minds - “Invitation”
- SWITZERLAND: Liliput - “Hitch-Hike”
- FINLAND: Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - “Naapurissa Asuu Nainen”
- BULGARIA: D.D.T. - “Distorted Guitars”
- SLOVAKIA: Paradox - “Policajt”
- NETHERLANDS: The Nixe - “Boring City”
- DENMARK: Lower - “Soft Option”
- IRELAND: The #1s - “Sharon Shouldn’t”
- ITALY: Chain Reaction - “Bloody Ways”
- SPAIN: Belgrado - “Świat Jest Nasz”
- HUNGARY: WYX - “Lie, Lie, Lie”
- PORTUGAL: Aqui D’el-Rock “Há Que Violentar o Sistema”
- UNITED KINGDOM: Desperate Bicycles - “Don’t Back The Front”
A track from Another Subculture 1, Frau’s ‘Safety Instructions’, was played on Adventures in Sound and Music, The Wire's weekly radio programme on Resonance 104.4 FM, last week. There was also a nice mention of the tape, in French, on the Ratcharge blog.
Of the hundred cassettes, three remain in my possession - one is for sale through Discogs,
one will end up to whoever wants it, and another is mine. Rough Trade, La Vida Es Un Mus, Static Shock, Muscle Horse, Accidental Guest and Fusetron have copies too. If there’s anybody left who wants to give it a listen, I uploaded the whole thing onto Soundcloud at two o’clock this morning.
A pleasant sum of money will be deposited into the DIY Space For London bank account in the nearest of futures.
There’ll be another one.
Another Subculture 1.zip is now available.
Been somewhat stunned at the response so far for this cassette, so I may as well let the internet have it too. Stream for free, download for whatever you like. Any and all proceeds from downloads will still be going towards DIY Space For London.
This is a tape magazine. Sixty minutes of DIY evidence, past and present, from London and South Humberside.
Watch the video trailer: youtu.be/Y4nDi00U5bo
On this first issue: interviews with INSTANT AUTOMATONS, MATT KORVETTE (Pissed Jeans/Yellow Green Red) and two contributors to the recent MADE POSSIBLE BY SQUATTING exhibition, Matt and Bryony Beynon. There’s also music from WOOLF, THE LOVE TRIANGLE, GOOD THROB, COP, FRAU, SHOPPING, WEIRD MENACE, FAMILY OUTING and HYGIENE.
Every £, € and bitcoin of profit from the sale of this cassette will go towards DIY Space For London, a co-operative looking to create an autonomous venue and social centre for musicking and radical activity in this wonderful, despicable city. Click diyspaceforlondon.org for more information.
Good morning. Click here to listen to MT-2013.zip, a ‘punk’ ‘playlist’.
Frau, Good Throb, Gun Outfit, Hard Skin, Household, In School, The Love Triangle, Lumpy and the Dumpers, Milk Music, No, Perfect Pussy, Pissed Jeans, Raw Prawn, Sad Boys, Sauna Youth, Shopping, Sleaford Mods. Una Bestia Incontrolable. (Division Four, Disclosure.)
Another Subculture 1, a cassette magazine, is now available. 100 copies. £3 + £1 p&p in the UK (£3 EU, £5 everywhere else). All money after costs will be going to DIY Space For London.
Another Subculture no. 1 artwork has been sent off…
Malicious Telecommunications presents
▶ ANOTHER SUBCULTURE № 1 ✁ A Cassette Magazine ◀
Before the year is out, there’ll be a tape zine for you to take home and work out how to listen to. Interviews with Scunthorpe’s Messthetics weirdos INSTANT AUTOMATONS and MATT KORVETTE, thoughts on the MADE POSSIBLE BY SQUATTING exhibition from a founder and a Big Takeover-er, and songs borrowed from your favourite CAPITAL PUNK ROCKERS. Every £, $ and € after costs will go to DIY Space For London.